Makes about 20 pieces
1 sheet (150g) ready-made puff pastry
2 tsp cinnamon
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle the pastry with cinnamon sugar on both sides; gently roll the sugar into the pastry with a rolling pin.
- Fold 1/6 of the pastry in from two opposite ends in; flattern slightly with rolling pin and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Continue folding the pastry until they meet and form one panel; roll the rolling pin over for the last time.
- Slice the pastry into 1cm strips (discarding untidy ends).
- Turn them onto one side and place them 2-3cm apart on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Place the tray into the fridge and chill for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200C (400F).
- Bake the palmiers in the centre of the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Immediately take the palmiers off the baking paper (otherwise the paper will stick to it) and transfer to a wire rack to completely cool.