Makes 1.5L of limoncello (arancello)
7 lemons (oranges)
750mL bottle of (grain) vodka
3 cups sugar
- Clean the lemons and dry. Some lemons may be waxed, to unwax them just pop them into boiling water for about 10 seconds. (I didn’t do this though)
- Peel the zest; being careful to not get any of the white pith otherwise it would make the limoncello bitter.
- Place the peels in a large jar with the vodka and seal the lid tightly.
- Place the jar in a cool, dry place for 3-4 weeks. Every so often shake the content.
- When it is time to make the limoncello, dissolve the sugar completely in water and cool to room temperature.
- Strain the lemon peels out of the alcohol and then add the sugar syrup.
- Pour then into bottles.
- Serve cold and enjoy responsibly.